In response to COVID-19 MYO is evolving its Ensemble Program into MYO UNLIMITED – an innovative new program that brings the best elements of our Ensemble Program to our participants at home.
MYO is a place where young Victorians who are passionate about music come together to gain inspiration and receive musical insights, and connect with their peers. In order to continue facilitating this, the MYO education team has devised an online program of exciting musical and educational content that will run in place of regular Saturday rehearsals for the remainder of 2020, or until we are able to open our doors again.
MYO UNLIMITED includes:
- EP Online Ensemble sessions with Conductors and Educators
- Access to masterclasses from our expert Conductors and Tutors
- For our senior ensembles, masterclasses from Principals of Melbourne Symphony Orchestra including Sophie Rowell (concertmaster), Jeffrey Crellin (principal oboe), Owen Morris (principal trumpet), Christopher Moore (principal viola), David Berlin (principal cello), Prue Davis (principal flute) and John Arcaro (percussion)
- Listen Lounges – interactive sessions where MYO’s Music Director, Brett Kelly, and invited guests share their love of music in discussion with participants. Guests include international Cello soloist Li-Wei Qin, Principal Horn of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra Andrew Bain, composer Elena Kats-Chernin, guitarist Slava Grigoryan and cellist Sharon Grigoryan (Australian String Quartet)
- Open Stages – informal online space where young musicians can perform for their peers and conductor
- Access to a suite of home learning resources curated by our education team specifically for MYO student cohorts
- For students in Years 10, 11 and 12, continued access to the MYO-MCM Prelude Program offering extension learning for VCE music students
- Participation in an online youth orchestra…with plenty of surprises!
MYO UNLIMITED will commence Saturday 9 May 2020