Date: Saturday 24 August
Time: 10:00am-1:00pm, plus optional MYO rehearsal observation
Venue: Melbourne Conservatorium of Music Southbank Campus, 234 St Kilda Rd, Southbank
Presented by Karen Kyriakou
This workshop will explore a series of inspiring activities that cater for all group teaching needs. This session follows a holistic and accessible approach to inspire students of all levels, emphasising approaches to differentiation in group and ensemble settings. Activities demonstrate student-centred learning peer-to-peer collaboration.
All activities will be aural-based, and will encompass elements of composing, arranging, improvisation, technical work and ensemble skills:
- Develop students’ aural skills and musical intuition
- Reinforce skills with peer-to-peer learning activities
- Facilitate students’ own class compositions
- Use holistic curriculum approaches for instrumental music activities
- Enable leadership opportunities to develop engaged & informed players
Please bring your instruments!