MYO’s 2020 Summer School will be held from 6 – 11 January, 2020
The program hours are 9am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday followed by concerts on both Friday evening (Jazz Orchestra and Jazz Improvisation ensembles) and Saturday afternoon and evening (all other ensembles). Exact performance times for each group will be confirmed closer to the date.
Entry into our Summer School program is by application only, ages 7 to 25 as of 1 January 2020. No audition is required and applicants will be allocated to an ensemble based on their stream preferences and the information provided at the time of application.
If you have any questions regarding the 2020 Summer School please contact our office on (03) 9376 8988 (Tuesday to Friday) or email@example.com.
PROGRAM FEE $640.00* ($610.00* for additional siblings) plus 1.1% Paypal booking fee
*All fees are inclusive of a $50 non-refundable administration fee.
Applications open: Friday 19 July 2019
Applications close: Friday 6 September 2019
Ensemble allocations emailed to participants: Friday 20 September 2019, 5pm
Final date for withdrawals with refund (minus $50 administration fee) for Summer School Residential Camp: Friday 6 December.
Final date for withdrawals with refund (minus $50 administration fee) for Summer School: Wednesday 1 January 2020
Payment in full is required upon application using Paypal, Visa or Mastercard
A $30 sibling discount is available for additional family members enrolled in the 2020 Summer School. Please select the appropriate option in the payment gateway.
If for any reason the applicant cannot attend the program, notice must be given in writing by close of business 1 January 2020 (6 December 2019 for Summer School Residential Camp), in order to obtain a refund of fees. A $50 administration fee is non-refundable and will be retained to cover costs.
To gain the most from Summer School, parents and teachers should understand the importance of correct placement within the program.
To select your preferences upon application, carefully read through the information provided to help choose the best ensemble. AMEB levels indicated for each program are not a formal requirement, but provided as a guide to the skills required. If in doubt, consult your instrumental teacher, or call our office for advice.
Our music education team will allocate students to the most appropriate ensemble within one of their preferred streams.
Please have the following information on hand before applying for Summer School:
– Details of your most recently completed examination on your nominated instrument/s (exam system (e.g. AMEB), result, month and year of completion).
– Details of the current instrumental exam/s you are preparing for (exam system (e.g. AMEB), grade, anticipated completion date (approximate month and year)).
– Note that if you have not completed exams on your nominated instrument/s and are not planning to, please consult with your instrumental teacher for your current equivalent AMEB grade.
– Any relevant ensemble and instrumental experience
– Any additional information required for a specific ensemble or program will be detailed on the relevant page
– Credit card or paypal details
– Cup of tea