At Melbourne Youth Orchestras, we believe more young musicians should be given opportunities and encouragement to play non-standard instruments, and discover the rewarding experience of playing a standalone instrument essential to the performance of symphonic music.
The benefits of learning bass trombone are:
· Strengthened low register
· Increased performance and solo opportunities
· A greater understanding of how each instrument integrates into the whole ensemble, producing a better musician
· Minimal learning is required for a tenor trombonist to become proficient at bass trombone
· Learning a larger, lower instrument reinforces air control, support and tone on a higher instrument
The scholarship comprises:
· Free exclusive use of the new professional orchestral standard Bach 50AF3 professional bass trombone for the duration of 2018
· A private lesson with an MYO professional bass trombone tutor
· Fee waiver for 2018
One scholarship is available via expressions of interest form students of AMEB Grade 6+ or equivalent enrolled in any of MYO’s orchestras or bands.
For further information please contact the Melbourne Youth Orchestras office by calling (03) 9376 8988 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.